Tuesday, July 19, 2022

I had a wonderful breakfast at the hotel this morning which even came with vegan black pudding.  The weather was sweltering all day. I visited the Jewellery Quarter, with its plethora of old buildings, some of them in poor shape, but others having been lovingly restored.  I visited the Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery, which is said to have the most important collection of Pre-Raphaelite art in the world; unfortunately, the Pre-Raphalite galley is closed for renovation  However, I did manage to see Last Summer Things were Greener by John Byam Shaw and Proserpine by Dante Gabriel Rossetti.  I then went to the Birmingham Central Library. Architecturally speaking, the library is fabu, but acrophobics should be warned before entering.  I then took a walk along a canal. 

A Boutique Window near my Hotel.

Exploring the Jewellery Quarter





What?

Oh, never mind.

Entrance to Cemetery

Clock Tower, Jewellery Quarter



St. Paul's in the Jewellery Quarter











 Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery



Glass Tube Elevator in the Library






Proserpine by Rossetti


Last Summer by Byam Shaw

Edwardian Tea Room inside the Museum & Art Gallery

Central Library




Birmingham City Council Building





Birmingham Town Hall



The Symbol of Birmingham

Breakfast at my Hotel



Tomorrow I am off to see Aston Hall and Aston Hall Road.


No comments:

Post a Comment